BTech or any equivalent
Description: Research and development lead manages and directs the research and development programs to meet organizational needs and to capitalizes on potential new products. Develops and implements R&D procedures and techniques. Being an R&D oversees complex research projects, analyzes results, and provides recommendations based on findings. Assess the scope of the projects and ensure they are on time and within the budget.
- 5+ years of experience as a team leader or supervisor
- In-depth knowledge of performance metrics
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Decision-making skills
- Adaptability and flexibility to work with others and contribute to projects with stretch in critical times of project life cycle.
- Self-driven with a desire to learn new technologies
- Experience as an Individual contributor as well as a team contributor
- Managing and prioritizing own workload.
- Experience in Product International Standards – IEC, UL, ISO etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply creative thinking, analysis, and good judgment to propose innovative solutions to technical problems, which may involve a range of diverse approaches and resolving conflicting issues.
- Transfer new technologies, products, and manufacturing processes into and out of the company.
- Research, design and evaluate materials, assemblies, processes, and equipment.
- Document all phases of research and development.
- Taking client feature requests and constructing a product from scratch together with a product designer
- Define/calculate specifications of the necessary components for the products including mechanical parts like cables, hoses, valves, screws, etc. as well as electrical parts like mainboards, speakers, etc.
- Set clear team goals.
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics.
- Oversee day-to-day operation.
- Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts.
- Encourage creativity and risk-taking.