Lead Infrastructure Engineer (Cloud)
BE/B.Tech in CS/IT/ECE/Related or BCA/MCA or Bachelor In Computer Science
Work Location: Cochin, Hyderabad
Provide support for internal IT including VMs and Cloud-based application infrastructure on AWS. The role requires providing basic application support as well. Should have experience in migrating legacy systems and applications to cloud on lift and shift model.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Servers and MS SQL server administration.
- Experience in migrating legacy systems and applications to AWS.
- AWS SysOps Certification preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in enterprise IT infrastructure and cloud infrastructure support.
- Experience in AWS CloudWatch, Management Console
- Understanding of Cloud Security and Networking Concepts and practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for day-to-day administration of cloud services on AWS.
- Carefully learning metrics and monitoring the health or use of AWS resources on a full scale by leveraging Amazon CloudWatch
- Management of full AWS lifecycle, provisioning, security, and automation.
- Effectively monitor billing and develop cost optimization strategies.
- Responsible for publishing applications and maintaining release notes.
- Administration of SVN repositories.
- Management of disaster recovery and the creation of backups
- Partner with other engineers and architects to make sure the proposed designs meet both business and security requirements
- Review corporate IT network and security controls to come up with improvements regularly
- Troubleshoot incidents, identify root cause, fix and document problems, and implement preventive measures